Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

My sister needed to take a test on the Saturday before St. Patrick's day and asked me to watch her 2 kids, Kami and Devan. Well... that day just happened to be the St. Patrick's day parade downtown. So, to get us in the mood I bought us green hats and cooked corned beef and cabbage for dinner on Friday night. Saturday morning we woke up and hopped on the Trax train and headed downtown. I was so excited. I think more so than the kids were. Here we are waiting for the train. Like our hats? Here we are on the train heading downtown. Look at their freckles. Aren't they cute?
This is my awkward attempt at turning the camera around to take a pic of the three of us.
Here are the littles, getting a little impatient, waiting for the parade to start. We got there 15 minutes before the intended start time and got some rockin' seats. We were right on the parade line-no one in front of us. It was a great view.
These are Irish wolf hounds. Huge and a little scary-looking.

Some lion-type mascot in a kilt waving the Irish flag.
I liked this horse because he had shamrocks painted on his body and his hooves were painted green. Very festive.
These horses, however, I didn't like. See how it kind of looks like they are a little close? Yeah, that's because THEY WERE RIGHT ON TOP OF US!!! I thought they were going to step on us. Remember before how I mentioned the awesome seating... yeah, at this point I wished someone was sitting in front of us. Yikes!

This horse looks hungry. A little too hungry and a little to close for my comfort.
Ha, ha! REEEEEED ROBIN... YUM!!!
Here is the Red Robin birdie shaking Devan's hand.
Here are a couple of leprechauns. No, they weren't part of the parade. Just a couple of freaks that came to watch the show.
After the parade, and after Kim's test, we took the kids to the planetarium for a while. Of course we had to get a pic of them on the moon.
And one on Mars.
Thanks for letting me watch the kids for a while, Kimmers. We had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment