Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

St. George and Zions

Clear back in February I had a long-ish weekend and Ben and I really wanted to get out of town. We headed to St. George to visit some of my family and also to visit Zions National Park. Friday night my adorable cousin, Amy cooked an amazing dinner of shish kabobs, and fondue chocolate with a tasty assortment of dipping things. YUM! On Saturday, Amy packed up her little family (actually it's a big family of 5 kids) and Ben and I packed up my aunt Sue and we all drove over to Zions. We knew we were taking a chance with the weather for a hiking trip, but it seems like St. George always has nice weather. Not this weekend. It was freezing and snowy. Of course none of us were really prepared for the weather but we used what we had and got in one hike before we all froze. Ben and I in our thrown-together snow clothes. This is my super-cute aunt Sue.
This is Amy, her hubby, Joey and their 5 kids. The kids are ready to go with their rain ponchos. Aren't they cute? I was really surprised at how well-behaved and patient they all were on this freezing, slippery, muddy, slushy, cold.... you get the idea. Such sweet kids, though.
Now that we are ready, let's go! Check out Ben's foot wear. Yes, he had real hiking boots in the car but I don't think anyone has ever seen him in anything but flip-flops... regardless of the weather.
Amy and I stopped for a picture while her awesome littles kept hiking. Look at Ben in his shorts and flops. What a dork. That trail looks clear but a little higher up it was all mud and slush. So stinking slippery. He didn't care, though.
Amy and Joey had to take turns carrying the littlest one, Jayni (the cutest of the 5- sorry, Amy. I had to say it), but the other kids were so good! They just kept walking.
We finally reached the top and saw a gorgeous waterfall with ice and fog. It was so pretty.

Amy and her daughter Mikaelyn hammin' it up for the camera.
Here we are on our way back to the cars.

Cute little kids are ready to be warm and ready to eat. LUNCH!
Here are some of the many pictures I took of this beautiful place. I love fog. It looked so cool against the snowy mountains.






Thanks for the fun weekend, Amy and Grandma. I can't wait until we can do it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment