Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

My work paid for me to go to VEGAS!

Yep, that's right. My job paid for me to go to Vegas. There was a teacher conference in Las Vegas June 7-9th and my boss invited me be among the 8 teachers from my school. They paid for the plane, hotel, food... everything. It was awesome. It sucked being away from my new hubby, but I can't pass up free stuff. So, I went to Vegas.

We stayed in Caesar's Palace, which is one of the biggest hotels in Las Vegas. It was huge. This is the fountain in the main entrance.
While waiting for the other 4 to check us all into the hotel, I decided to take a pic of these three dorks. Only Jones wasn't smiling.
Let's try that pic again. Oh, good. Jones is smiling now, but I don't know what Adams is doing.
Amber and I shared a room and it was the biggest/nicest hotel room I have ever seen.


There was a huge sitting area...
A massive tub...
A television in the bathroom- which had 2 sinks...
A fancy shower...
And a phone in the toilet. Sorry about all the hotel pics. My roomie and I were a little excited when we saw our room.
Here is Tanner, me and Amber after eating dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
After the first day at the conference, we all decided to spend some time outside of our massive hotel. First, we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Here is Perschon, Schaffer, me, Amber, and Kathy getting ready to enter the SCREAM room. We had to walk in a single-file line with our hands on the shoulders of the person standing in front of us. We were not allowed to run or stop, and we were encouraged not to touch anyone, and no one would touch us. Yikes!

I was so excited to go to the wax museum, but when we finally got there I was a little freaked out by how life-like they all are. Some of the statues really looked like the person they represent. Others, not so much.


Here I am (freaked out) with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
After a while I wasn't so scared. I got nice and cozy with Mathew Mcconaughey.
Then I tried to beat up Chuck Liddell.
Elvis is singing me a song.
So, Marilyn Monroe was supposed to be a size 12, right? Well, I'm a size 12. Am I as hot as she was? Yeah, right.
Here I am with the President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Schaffer, Perschon, me and Amber listening intently to the former President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.
After the wax museum we went to see Phantom of the Opera in the Venetian hotel. The next day, Amber and I laid by the pool, took a nap, and walked to dinner at the Bellagio. The pics didn't turn out well, so I'm not including them.

No comments:

Post a Comment