Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

24th of July with Jenn's family

I (uh, this is Jenn talking) drove down to Kanosh to visit my family for the 24th of July. There was a huge parade that morning. Wait, did I say huge? I meant so small that the entire parade had to double back on the parade route to make it worth our time. Kanosh is a teeny town. It was fun though. Most of the 'floats' (if you can call them that) were just trucks pulling undecorated flatbed trailers. EVERYone was throwing candy. My niece and nephew weren't fast enough, apparently, because my dad and uncle joined in the fun of collecting candy off of the ground.
The last to pass on the parade route were the town fire engines. On their final pass, they turn on the water spout and shoot a 50 foot stream of water into the air. Then, all the kids... well, and me, of course, run into the water and get soaked. I didn't want my camera to get wet (duh) so I didn't take any pics, but my sister did. I will post them as soon as I get them.
Here is my Pappy, nephew Devan, and niece Kami. Waiting for the parade to start.
Aunt Norma (I call her Norm because I'm lazy) and Uncle Terry. Oops, Norm, your eyes are closed and Terry is talking. Let's try it again.
I guess that's better, but now neither of you are smiling.
Meet Dathel Whitaker of Kanosh, Utah.
Can you believe she has great, great, grandkids. 270 people all from this tiny old woman. Wow.
Norm was jealous of the only people in Kanosh with a second story view of the parade. Then she felt bad for them because that great view meant they couldn't reach the candy. So, she decided to throw them some. So funny. Love you, Norm.
There's grandpa on the veterans' "float". Grandpa is the one sitting behind the driver. He threw candy right at my face while I was taking his picture. Rude.
One of the "floats" consisted of a swimming pool on a trailer with boys tossing water at the spectators. It was overcast and not too hot that day. The water wasn't very appreciated.
Mexican cowboy with a lasso, lariat... I don't know what the dumb thing is called. It's a rope and he was swinging it around. There.
Best part of the parade. Seriously, that pile was really stinky so we were very grateful for the 'pooper scoopers'.
More pics to come... maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment